Newsweek/Daily Beast Poll
- 19 percent of whites say that racism is a big problem in America, vs. 60 percent of blacks.
- A clear majority of whites (65%) say that blacks have achieved or will soon achieve racial equality […]. Only 16 percent of blacks say they have already achieved racial equality and nearly half of blacks (47%) say that they will not achieve racial equality in their lifetime or will never achieve racial equality.
- 70 percent of whites think that blacks in America have the same chance as whites to get housing they can afford, only 35 percent of blacks agree.
- 70 percent of whites think blacks in America today have as good a chance as whites to get a job for which they’re qualified—a view shared by only a 25 percent of blacks.
- A majority (56%) of whites say that it is at least sometimes justified for police to use factors such as race, ethnicity, and overall appearance [when making an arrest]–a view shared by only 28% of blacks.